A take on the classic Caprese salad. All the great flavors you love, in a bite size package.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Ready in: 5 min.
- 6 ripe plum tomatoes (about 1 1/2 lbs.)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp Cervasi Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Cervasi Balsamic Vinegar
- 6-8 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh mozzarella cheese
- Cervasi Bruschetta-Traditional
- Heat tomatoes for about one minute in water that’s been brought to a boil and then remove from heat.
- Remove the skin, seeds and juice from the tomatoes then chop.
- Mix tomatoes, garlic, onions, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar in a bowl.
- Toss in basil, then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add a thin slice of fresh mozzarella cheese to the bruschetta.
- Top with 1-2 tbsp of tomato and basil mixture. Drizzle lightly with extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar if desired.