A great dish featuring Italian sausage, sun dried tomatoes, artichokes and asparagus. A burst of flavor in every bite.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Ready in: 45 min.
- ¾ cup drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tbsp oil reserved from sun-dried tomatoes
- 18 oz Cervasi Quartered Artichoke Hearts, drained (aprox. 1 1/2 14 oz cans)
- 1 small bunch asparagus (8 oz), trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 ¾ cup chicken broth (about 1 can)
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 lb (16 oz) Cervasi Rigatoni or Cervasi Roman Rigatoni
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh basil
- ¼ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 8 oz. (about 1 ½ c.) fresh mozzarella, cubed (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat reserved oil in a large heavy frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add sausage and cook until browned, breaking meat into bit-sized pieces with a fork, about 8 min.
- Using a slotted spoon transfer sausage to a bowl. Add artichokes, asparagus and garlic to skillet, and sauté over medium heat until garlic is tender, about 2 min.
- Add broth, wine, and sun-dried tomatoes. Boil over medium-high heat until sauce reduces slightly, stirring occasionally, about 8 min.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring often, about 10 min. Drain pasta.
- Add pasta and sausage to artichoke mixture. Toss until sauce is almost absorbed by pasta, 2-3 min.
- Remove from heat. Stir in Parmesan cheese, basil, parsley, and mozzarella, if using. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve passing additional Parmesan cheese alongside.