Flavorful Italian pasta sauce, great for any pasta dish.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Ready in: 1 hour
- 1/4 c Cervasi Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Onion
- 1 T. Chopped Garlic Flakes
- 28 oz. Can Tomato Puree
- 3 tsp. Sugar
- 6 oz. Can Tomato Paste
- 6 c. Water
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1 T. Basil
- Red Pepper Flakes (Optional)
- 5 or 6 Links of Italian Sausage and/or 8 Medium Meatballs
- Fry meatballs (and/or sausage) in a skillet set aside.
- Saute onions in olive oil until translucent, add garlic, and then cook until golden. Add tomato paste, puree and water, stir until smooth.
- Add cooked meat plus salt, pepper, basil, sugar (and pepper flakes if desired) to sauce.
- When sauce begins to boil, turn heat to medium and cook for about one hour, stirring often. Add water if sauce becomes too thick.