We added crab meat to the traditional dish of Mac & Cheese, that will impress any guest.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Ready in: 20 min.
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1 large shallot (or 2 small) minced
- 4 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 tbsp. seafood seasoning
- 1 (8-ounce) block cream cheese
- 2 cups grated manchego cheese
- 1 cup grated Cheddar
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley leaves
- 2 tbsp. sherry
- 1 lb Cervasi Elbow Macaroni
- 1 lb crabmeat (lump)
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seafood seasoning
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 375˚ F
- For the sauce: Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add minced shallots and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the flour to make a roux. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes to cook the flour.
- Slowly, add 3 cups milk. When milk is incorporated into the roux, add the seafood seasoning, sherry, and the block of cream cheese.
- Cook until cream cheese is melted. Add Manchego and Cheddar cheeses and parsley. Cook until all the cheese is melted.
- Cook pasta until just before al dente (you want pasta a little hard, it will continue to cook when baked). Drain macaroni.
- Stir cheese mixture into cooked macaroni and fold in crabmeat. (Be sure to fold in crabmeat so you don’t break up the lumps too much, you want nice chunks of crab.) Put mixture in a baking dish.
- For the topping: Mix melted butter, bread crumbs, seafood seasoning, and parsley. Sprinkle topping on the dish. Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes to make the topping crispy. Garnish with fresh parsley.