Linguine with clams in a garlicky white wine sauce makes an easy and elegant Italian pasta dinner.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Ready in: 5 min.
- 1/4 cup Cervasi extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 to 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup clam juice
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- 1 can (15 ounces) fancy whole baby clams
- 12 small clams (little necks)
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 pound linguini
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley leaves (torn)
- 2 tablespoons of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add Cervasi extra-virgin olive oil, onion chili flakes and sauté for two minutes.
- Add garlic, butter and simmer for 2 minutes. Add chicken stock and wine. Reduce by half.
- Lower heat and add your whole clams, canned clams, clam juice and lemon zest. Cook until whole clams open.
- Salt your water and bring to a boil. Add pasta and cook until very al dente. Drain pasta.
- Add to sauté pan and toss with clam sauce for 2 minutes over medium heat. Add parsley and lemon juice toss with pasta and serve hot.