A refreshing orzo salad, with garbanzo beans, grape tomatoes and a red wine vinaigrette. Great as a main dish or on the side of any meal.
Prep Time: 7 min
Ready in: 5 min.
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups Cervasi Orzo
- 1 1/2 cups red and yellow teardrop tomatoes or grape tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- About 3/4 cup Red Wine Vinaigrette
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pour the broth into a heavy large saucepan. Cover the pan and bring the broth to a boil over high heat.
- Stir in the orzo. Cover partially and cook until the orzo is tender but still firm to the bite, stirring frequently, about 7 minutes.
- Drain the orzo through a strainer. Transfer the orzo to a large wide bowl and toss until the orzo cools slightly. Set aside to cool completely.
- Toss the orzo with the beans, tomatoes, onion, basil, mint, and enough vinaigrette to coat. Season the salad to taste, with salt and pepper, and serve at room temperature.