Prep Time: 10 min.
Ready in: 5 min
- 2 tbsp. Cervasi extra virgin olive oil
- 5 egg yolks
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 c. heavy cream
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 lb prosciutto, julienned
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, plus more for garnish
- 1 lb Cervasi Fettuccini
- Heat olive oil in sauté pan; add onion and sauté for a couple of minutes. Add shallots and garlic and sauté until tender. Remove from heat and let cool, 5 minutes.
- Whisk in the cream and egg yolks return to heat and cook for 1 to 2 minutes; Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add peas and prosciutto toss gently to combine.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, add fettuccini and cook until al dente Drain, reserving 1/4 cup pasta water.
- Add the reserved pasta water and drained fettuccini to skillet. Toss to combine pasta with sauce and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cook for 3 minutes and Serve immediately. Garnish with extra cheese.